11.05.2010

that the world may see...

today has been a struggle.
fighting tears and holding my tongue.
wanting to rip the heads off of the people closest to me.
so distant, so disconnected from home.
wanting to run away and just be...
alone.
i just want to go home.
i just want to have one big ole cry fest.

and then, it took the fellowship of a few
the honesty and humor and conviction and love...
to draw me back.
to make me realize that this is all a part of the journey.
i may be tired and lonely and frustrated...
but, i am learning. i am facing. i am gaining...
and in it i will rejoice.
and in it i am able to see purpose.

dear past struggles,
dear past failures,
dear past guilt,
dear past tarah...
dear past,
you have no power over me this time.
so get going--i'm moving on.
hello scary, unsure future--i'm looking forward.

No comments: